Welcome To The Chris Attrell Photo Class User Panel!
First of all, thank you for taking my class. I really hope you enjoyed it!
On the page you will find:
1) My Facebook group that I created so you can share your photos & get insights into photos that I took. Also, my photography pages are listed, if you want to Like them.
2) Photos used in my classes, so you can see them again.
3) List of the software and equipment that I promote in my class.
Further, I will be posting more and more articles this summer, especially my ‘How I Did It’ posts which explain not just the camera settings I used, but why, and the details on how I achieved the result.
Again, thank you!
Here is the list of camera accessories that I recommend for beginner photographers! Most of these can be purchased at your local camera store, London Drugs, Staples, Bestbuy etc.
- Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Lens ($229) Best for crop sensor Nikon cameras (Generally those that cost less than $1,500)
- Nikon 50mm f/1.8G AF-S NIKKOR FX Lens ($219) Best for full frame Nikon cameras (Generally those that cost more than $1,500)
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Normal Lens for Canon EF Cameras ($199) very good but mostly limited to large areas or outdoors for most Canons.
- Canon EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM – ($199) Same as above but the aperture is not as wide but you get double the amount of space to shoot in. If you are going to shoot indoors a lot, this may be better to start with.
- Sony Fe 50mm F1.8 (SEL50F18F) – Great for all Sony cameras.
Night Photography Lenses – These can be used for great landscapes as well.
- Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 AT-X116 Pro DX II ($650) These are for Nikon cameras under $1,500
- Tokina AT-X 16-28mm f/2.8 Pro FX Lens for Nikon ($999) These are for Nikon cameras over $1,500
- Sigma 14mm f/1.8 ART ($1,999) The lens to buy if cost is not important.
- Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 AT-X116 Pro DX II ($659) For Canon cameras
- Canon EF-S 24mm f / 2.8 STM Lens ($200) Works fine but you get half as much sky as the lens above.
- Sigma 14mm f/1.8 ART ($1,999) The lens to get if cost isn’t an issue.
- Rokinon 14mm F2.8 ($800) For Sony cameras
Tripods – Any ballhead tripod that can hold enough weight is recommended.
- Neewer Tripod – A very reasonable entry level tripod at a very good price $59
- Manfrotto tripod MK290DUA3 with 496RC2 ballhead – A higher quality tripod $299
Software – For editing photos.
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 2018 – Much better than Adobe Elements 15, this version is like PhotoShop light and is easy to learn.
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6 – An amazing photo editing program.
Intervalometers – Link to most popular camera brands on Amazon.ca. $35+
Yongnuo 360II – The amazing portable light wand.