Taken in Valentines Day 2018 at Shaunavon, I noticed the wind and low cloud coverage was creating pillars of light over town with snow particles.
- Camera is in M (Manual Mode)
- ISO was set to 800
- Aperture was set to f/4.0
- SHutter was 8 seconds long
Post Processing (In less than 5 minutes)
- Using Adobe Lightroom, I first straighten the photo with the auto-straighten feature.
- I then cropped the photo
- Add +50 on the contrast slider
- On the highlights slider, I went down -50 points.
- Add 20 points to the whites
- Subtracted 20 points in blacks
- Added 30 to the clarity slider
- Added 15 points to both vibrancy and saturation
- Added very little sharpening
- Put noise reduction to 25 points and color to 50
- I used a brush on the bottom half of the image to add exposure and shadows.